Thursday, April 6, 2006

Dental Visit

What a day. I took Bodie over to Rochester for a dentist appointment to fix his fixed tooth and 2 cavities. When he was 2 he ran teeth first into Tye's forehead. Tye has a little scar, and Bodie hurt his two front teeth. One started to turn gray, so I knew it was probably a goner. But we waited to see what would happen. Then in November, he chipped one of the teeth when he jupmed off my bed.
I took him to the dentist to see what could be done. He apparently he had a cavity on the back of each front tooth. The chip happened at the weak spot from the cavity. The denist in town recommended we take him over to a pediatric dentist in Rochester.
Dr. Sitzer is wonderful. He and his staff are able to get Bodie to go in the room and hop in the chair by himself, and that is saying a lot, because Bodie is scared to death of strangers. After we missed our appointment in March because of snow, we finally made it over today.
Unfortunately, it was too late for one of the teeth (the one that had turned gray). So it was pulled this morning. Bodie was a trooper, and didn't cry a bit. He is actually really excited that the Tooth Fairy is coming. I sure didn't expect it this soon, but I think that fairy will be feeling very generous tonight.
It will take a while to get used to this smile, but it really fits him and his personality. I'm actually surprised he didn't lose teeth sooner. He is such a daredevil. And I'm just thankful for everyday that passes that we don't have to deal with casts, stitches, and doctors!

No comments: