Saturday, May 16, 2009

Graduate


My brother, Eric, graduated last week from the University of Dubuque. I took the kids down with my sister and our friend, Nicki, for the weekend. Eric looked so handsome in his cap and gown. His mom was so proud of him, and cried tears of joy. Fortunately, her friend, Mary, was there for her.

My boys also got to spend some time with their grandpa. They haven't seen him in a year and a half, so it was a big treat. Here's Bo showing him how to play DS.

Mary brought her two boys with her from Omaha. They became fast friends with my 2 boys. They were also so well behaved all weekend, which was nothing short of a miracle.

Here are both my brothers, no doubt trying to determine who is a better athlete through deep discussion.

My dad had 3 out of his 4 kids there. Kelcie, the youngest, is still in Australia and couldn't come back for the graduation. Dad & Lisa brought a "Flat Kelcie" with to the ceremoy though, so she would feel left out.

I took this one just before we left. Eric tossed the Bo-monster over his shoulder, like good uncles do.

It was really nice to see everyone and finally meet Monsignor and Mary, who Dad & Lisa speak of so highly. I really wish we could all see each other more often, but I'll take it when I can!

No comments: