Monday, August 15, 2011

Fishing on Pepin

Yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a long time. Our friend, Steve, offered to take us out on his boat on Lake Pepin. I photographed a wedding on Saturday. Although I love photographing weddings, and I had a great time with the couple, I always forget how much work is involved and the long hours of wedding days. And it was nice to just have a day of relaxing after all the running with the kids this summer, baseball coaching, photography sessions, and home improvement projects. It was just phenomenal just to spend the day with my guys.

Johan really seemed to enjoy himself. John promised him we would catch big fish, but we really didn't. We only caught a few small crappie. Bodie mostly ate Cheetos the whole day, while the rest of us snacked on sandwiches, grapes and chips. The weather was perfect.
Steve
Johan
Bodie eating Cheetos
Our pitifully small fish
Tye
The boys had a lot of fun, especially with Johan and Ryan. Bodie is being very well behaved because he is always shy around new people. With Johan being so new, he is just still unsure. Its actually kind of nice for us, because things are calm and peaceful.
Tye thought it would b a great idea t go swimming of the dock, but didn't realize the cement leading into the water was so slippery with algae. He slipped, fell, and cried, bleeding from the elbow. But he didn't want to look like a baby in front of Johan. So, he wiped his eyes and elbow and went on playing.
  
The boys skipping stones.
 I have to remember to schedule more days off to spend with my guys before school starts because I could use more days like this one!

No comments: