Monday, December 5, 2005

All I want...

After my last post, I had an eventful evening. We ended up
going to the ER because I had severe stomach and back pain, worse than labor. After sitting in the ER for an hour (and still not getting to see a doctor), the pain went a way so I went home. The next morning, the pain started again. I ended up passing a KIDNEY STONE! I've had them before, but when the pain went away at the ER, I figured that wasn't it.

This past weekend was also eventful. Saturday I demo-ed a scrapbooking project at a local store. Then the boys and I went to the Village of Yesteryear for some Christmas fun. Here, they are eating gingerbread men they decorated. Tye got his face painted, they made Christmas crackers, and visted with Santa and Mrs. Claus. We also went on a sleigh ride. They had a blast. Later Saturday night, John and I went to the post office Chistmas party.

Last night, I finally convinced Tye to let me pull his 2 front teeth. The adult teeth are pretty far down already, and had pushed his baby teeth forward. So not only did be have 2 rows of teeth, but the baby ones stuck straight out at a right angle!. He looked ridiculous!
I really had to bargain with him. I told him I would get him a pack of Pokemon Cards for the first tooth he let me pull. It came out pretty easily, with one twist. He said it hurt only a little, but he needed quite a bit more convincing beforehe let me go for the second one. I offered up an early Christmas present, an MP3 player I got on a fantastic special he day after Thanksgiving. Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be able to keep that gift a secret until Christmas anyway, because I'm a sucker like that. I always want to give the presents early.
So one pack of Pokemon cards and an MP3 player later, he is toothless (front baby teeth anyway). Now we sing "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth...", and that may be all he is getting since he already has the MP3player!

No comments: