Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tye's big night

Tye had his Christmas program last night for school. You can see a clip here.
It went really well, and the kids sounded very nice. They sang 5 songs altogether. He wanted to look really nice. He picked out a red shirt and tie (red is his favorite color), and was so excited to wear it. Stupid me, I told him to brush his teeth before we left the house. Sure enough he ended up with a white streak of toothpaste on the from of his shirt. I thought I had it all cleaned up, but at the auditorium when he took his coat off, there it was! There was nothing I could do about it then, so I just hoped it wouldn't be too visible on stage.
His group sang last. When he walked up on the stage, he looked like a ragamuffin. His shirt was untucked (he had to use the restroom and forgot to tuck it back in), one of his pant legs was up to the top of his snow boot, and the white toothpaste mark was glowing! But he looked very cute anyway and did a great job. He even had a special part where he and another little girl had to say "Merry Christmas" in Norwegian.

No comments: