Friday, January 19, 2007

Back to life...Back to reality

We have had a bad week with a cold virus in this house.
Tye woke up last Friday with a fever and stayed home from school. Friday was also the first day of Bodie's new weekly Kindergarten prep class. I gave Tye some Tylenol and took him to Grandma's, while Bodie and I headed to class. When we got back, he wasn't any better. 102 degree temperature all day. By Friday night, Bodie was coming down with it too. They were both on the couch, sick all weekend.
I fell to the dreaded bug on Sunday night, and remained on couch til Wednesday.As the boys got better, I felt worse. It snowed a lot Monday, and Tuesday was very cold. When Tye left for the school bus, it was -20 degrees below zero. Why they didn't cancel school, I don't know. I felt so bad sending him out, but I made him wear his snowsuit, a ski mask, with hat over that, and his double layer winter coat. He said it was still so cold he could hardly make it there. I would have taken him, but Bodie and I were still sick with fevers. And of course, that day John had to be at work 6:30, so he couldn't either.
John was the only one who didn't get it. Lucky Duck. Bodie was up a lot last night with the lingering cough, and was still coughing this morning, so we skipped the Kindergarten prep class today. We don't want to be responsible for making the whole class sick.
We are mostly better now though, so its back to reality for us. Today we got outside for some sledding.

Saturday I did go to the Tri M crop (check out the new blog I'm working on here). I started to make this litle mailbox and finished it up that night. It's one of those Target Dollar spot finds, and I got a few to make for Valentine's gifts. Very fun and easy to make.

I also wanted to play photographer, so I tried some fun candy shots. It is so nice to get off that couch and play!

No comments: